NIAGARA COUNTY – The Niagara County Youth Bureau is seeking a new representative for the New York State Governor’s Youth Council. The Youth Council is to be made up of 62 young people ages 13-21, one representing each county to be selected via attached process. In 2020, the Council was represented by Jaydon Lang of Lockport, NY.
Jaydon, a member of the Niagara County Youth Advisory Board and 2020 graduate of St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute, is now a student at SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry studying Bioprocess Engineering.
The Youth Council provides an effective way to engage youth in state government and creates a platform for their voices to be heard by policymakers. Members of the NYS Governor’s Youth Council will offer their solutions to key issues facing young people in NYS. Youth voice is recognized through this initiative; if you would like your voice heard apply today, application will close May 14, 2021.
Youth must understand the great opportunity offered upon selection and commit to the following if appointed to the NYS Governor’s Youth Council:
- Participate in virtual statewide youth led networking and training events about government, civic engagement and positive youth development.
- Attend regional meetings via online platforms.
- Work on selecting policy issues to inform local, regional and/or state changes.
- Seek out, listen and respect others’ opinions and experiences
- Maintain your membership until March 31, 2022
NIAGARA COUNTY YOUTH BUREAU
Niagara Falls Human Resource Building
301 10th Street
Niagara Falls, New York 14303
Phone (716) 278-6872
Fax (716) 278-6875
For more information or to apply online visit: nysylc.secure-platform.com/a