Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie today announced an agreement on the FY 2022 New York State Budget.
A press release from the Governor’s Office says the budget includes:
- A record $29.5 billion in aid to schools aid;
- $29 billion in public and private green economy investments;
- $2.4 billion for rent and homeowner relief;
- $2.4 billion for child care;
- $2.1 billion for excluded workers;
- 1 billion for small business recovery;
- A first-in-the-nation plan to make broadband internet affordable;
- Legalizing mobile sports betting; and
- Implementing comprehensive nursing home reforms.
The budget agreement includes spending in the following categories:
- Total State Operating Funds: $111 billion
- All Funds spending $212 billion
- School Aid: $29.5 billion, a $3 billion increase.