LOCKPORT — Spread the Love in association with Lockport Community Farmers Market began in February 2020 to benefit Lockport CARES. Spanning over two market days, community members brought in over 100 personal care items, as well as donated $65 to the not-for-profit.
This year’s Spread the Love donation campaign will be benefiting the PB&J Drive, whose main goal is to feed as many children and struggling families as possible throughout Niagara, Erie, and Orleans Counties by providing local food pantries with jars of peanut butter, jelly, and fluff. The PB&J Drive has been serving our community as well as surrounding communities since 2009.
Now more than ever, local food pantries need donations. We will be collecting donations of smooth or crunchy peanut butter, jelly of all kinds, and/or fluff on February 6th and 20th during market hours which are 10am to 2pm.
The farmers’ market is located at 140 South St. Harrison Building #3. All donations can be deposited at the market management’s table. They must have a valid expiration date. One donation will enter your name into our market basket raffle! More donations equal more chances to win a basket full of goodies to include items from the following vendors:
● Herbalty Cottage
● Nice’s Honey Dew Acres
● Different Woods
● Dot’s Pantry
● Eclectic Scents
● Hahn’s Honeybee Haven
● The Soul in Bloom
● Chenez’s Popcorn
● Winslow’s Choice
● Terroir General
● TrueBean Coffee Co.
● East Hill Creamery
● Lawson’s Top Shelf Crumb Cakes
● Lockport Main Street Inc.
● M&M Pickles
● Pugbully Studio
The winner of the basket will be picked after market on February 20th. The basket will be ready for pick up on the following market day, which is Saturday, March 6th from 10am to 2pm. If you would like to learn more about our Spread the Love donation campaign, please head to our website at www.lockportcommunitymarket.com and click on “Spread the Love”.
The next online market will open Sunday, January 31st at 10 am! If you are a SNAP customer, you can use your EBT benefit card to make a preorder. Simply type in “SNAP-Customer” in the coupon code section at check out. Hit apply and make sure your transaction is $0 before finishing the transaction. At pick up please have your EBT benefit card to continue the process. See the market management table for more information!
Since moving indoors we will be strictly following the guidelines provided to us from NYS Dept. of Agriculture and Markets. Please note the following:
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- We will be enforcing a maximum building capacity of 50 customers in the market space. Please only send 1 person from a family or group to the market. We advise not to bring children if possible.
- Face masks are required to enter the market. All vendors and staff will be required to always wear face masks.
- We strongly advise not to bring children, however any child 2 and over are required to wear face masks.
- Do not eat on premises. All food is meant to be taken home and enjoyed.
- Only vendors and their staff can handle products. Customers should not touch produce or products until they are purchased.
- Please adhere to 6’ social distancing from customers, vendors, and market staff.
We are excited to continue our market and provide the community with fresh and local produce, food products, artisans, and crafters. All vendors accept cash. The market provides a coin system for patrons who want to use their credit or debit cards in exchange for market tokens which every vendor can accept. Customers can also use their EBT cards for wooden SNAP tokens that can be used to purchase any SNAP approved item.
If you would like more information about the market, please contact Grace via email at email@example.com, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lockportcommunitymarket or website at www.lockportcommunitymarket.com