On Thursday, November 12, 2020, the Niagara County Department of Health (NCDOH) notified the Lockport City School District (LCSD) of one (1) confirmed positive COVID-19 case at Lockport High School.
The Lockport City School District is fully cooperating with the Niagara County Department of Health by providing information for contact tracing. The NCDOH will contact any individual who they believe may have been in close contact with the individual.
Staff and students will not report to Lockport High School for instruction on Friday, November 13, 2020. All Lockport High School staff and students will work remotely on Friday from 7:40am-2:15pm, including BOCES CTE students. This will allow the Lockport High School custodial staff to clean and sanitize identified areas more thoroughly at Lockport High School in addition to daily cleaning and sanitizing protocol. All Lockport High School ON-SITE after school activities are cancelled for Thursday, November 12, 2020.
- Meals for students may be picked up Friday, November 13, from 3PM to 5PM at North Park Junior High School.
- All Lockport High School West staff and students should report as scheduled.
- School will resume at Lockport High School on Monday, November 16, 2020 as scheduled.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Possible symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you begin to experience any of the above symptoms, please stay home and call your medical provider.
If you are having any of the following symptoms, you should seek immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to manage the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.