LOCKPORT, NY: The Buffalo Society of Artists’ (BSA) 124th Catalogue Exhibition at the Kenan House Gallery is a representation of the organizations over 200 exhibiting artists. Over 127 works were entered for this exhibition, with 62 being chosen and currently on view.
“We’ve been reminded time and again in 2020 of how essential art is to our lives,” says Nando Alvarez-Perez, Juror of the exhibition and Co-founder of the Buffalo Institute for Contemporary Art. “The 124th Catalogue Exhibition is an inspiring reminder that artists will never stop creating work in relation to their times, no matter how dark they may seem to be.”
The BSA, one of the oldest continually operating arts organizations in the country, has announced the award winners of their current exhibition:
- Gold Medal: Richard Christian; Nehushtan [carbon on paper]
- Silver Medal: Saloman Pritchard; Untitled [driftwood, paper clay, plaster, pigments]
- Bronze Medal: Joyce Hill; Right The Wrong [mixed media, acrylic, artist photo transfers]
- Honorable Mention: Margaret Raab; Haughty [acrylic on canvas]
- Honorable Mention: Andy Russell; Dream [acrylic on canvas]
Gallery hours are Monday – Friday 12-5 p.m. and Saturday 2 – 4 p.m. Please call 716-433-2617 to plan your visit. Max of 10 visitors at a time. Artist videos, award ceremony and gallery walk through available at www.kenancenter.org.