Brian Seaman is running for District Attorney in Niagara County, and if you take a drive from Middleport to Lockport, it is obvious who their champion is for the upcoming June vote.
So, why the support?
To understand this better, here is a quick analysis of candidate for Niagara County District Attorney Brian Seaman:
Brian’s general background:
- Born and raised in Niagara County.
- A graduate of Roy-hart and Lockport schools.
- Brian attended college at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana where he earned his B.A., cum laude, with a major in philosophy.
- Taught High School religion for a year.
- Worked in Social Services with the developmentally disabled and those with mental illness.
Brian’s legal background:
- Brian was offered a partial scholarship and enrolled in law school at Loyola University Chicago. Graduated with his J.D., magna cum laude.
- Worked a clerkship with United States Magistrate Judge William E. Callahan, worked as “elbow clerk” doing research and analysis of both civil and criminal matters.
- Brian decided to return home, accepting a position for Assistant District Attorney by then District Attorney Matt Murphy.
- After nearly seven years in the DA’s office, the needs of a growing family led Brian to a new venture. Brian, along with his father Daniel Seaman and long-time friend Michael Norris, started the law firm Seaman Norris LLP.
- Brian has been serving as municipal counsel to a number of Niagara County municipalities, including Niagara County as an Assistant County Attorney, the Towns of Lockport, Lewiston, Hartland, and Somerset, the Villages of Middleport and Barker, the Niagara County Water District, and the Town of Lockport IDA.